12.24.2007

December happenings


So, last time I wrote, things were going pretty well. We had just gone to London for Thanksgiving and we were looking forward to a trip to Luxembourg at the beginning of December (8th-9th). Unfortunately, I was unable to go to Lux due to having so much work to do...story of my life recently but that is a whole other blog for a rainy day!

Anyway, I still encouraged Aggie to go to Lux even though I wasn't going and she definitely had a good time! She arrived on Friday evening and met up with Laura in the city center. From there, the two of them went to meet Brendan and Eoin who were already at the X-Mas markets. They all hung out for a bit and then Ag and Laura headed back to Robbie and Laura's place. Around 9pm Robbie, Laura and Ag went to pick up Darren and Nicole from the train station (they came in from London). The group went out to eat and then into the Grund area to meet up with all the other friends who were in town.

On Saturday morning, the three girls and Darren set out to catch the train to Trier, Germany to do some shopping. (Robbie had to study for his certification exams, similar to a CPA, and couldn't go.) I don't know all that went on that day, but I did get a text message from Darren to Robbie and I stating, "You two owe me big time. I just spent over an hour boot shopping!" Needless to say I sent a text back and told him to tell Aggie not to spend too much, but Darren said, "It was too late!".


They shopped all day and then went back to Laura and Robbie's, stayed in and just relaxed. The next day Aggie came back on the train and we hung out that evening. All in all, I was really sad I didn't go!

The work week went by with no major news. Then on Thursday (the 15th), our friends from Lux, Robert and Alexandra, came to visit. Aggie showed them around on Friday and then on Friday evening we made raclette at our place. It was super fun and delicious! Here is a good explaination of what raclette is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raclette

Saturday we went skiing with a group of friends. We went to a moutain town not too far from Zurich and basically from door to door, train to train, it took two hours. Aggie, Alexandra and Robert skiied together most of the day, while I went off with some of the better skiers we were with (Loren, Helen and John). From what I have been told, my snow bunny was more like a snow plow, but at least she tried!


Saturday night we went to a X-Mas party at our friends' Helen and John's apartment. (They had snowboarded all day with us as well.) The party was fun but I have to say, after a day long of skiing, I was excited to sleep that night.

Other things, Aggie's daycare and babysitting jobs have been keeping her on the go. One thing that we laugh about is our singing ability....and let me explain. The kids have "circle time" each day and for the past few weeks, they have been singing X-Mas songs during the circle time....singing in both English and German! Well, Ag brought home some of the music and we have tried to sing the songs. It was pretty funny! You can try with "Jingle Bells",

In English:
Dashing through the snow, on a one-horse open sleigh, over the fields we go, lauging all the way; Bells on bob-tails ring, making spirits bright, what fun it is to ride and sing a sleighing song tonight.....

In German:
Ein kleiner weisser Schneeball, liegt heute vor der Tur. Ein kleiner weisser Schneeball stand gestern noch nicht hier. Da kommt ein kleiner Schlitten, Der Ladt uns alle ein; Auf eine kleine Schlitten fahrt, Das wird wahrscheinlich fein!

Good times!

Work was really busy for me this past week, but I have managed. I had this past Friday off (the 21st) as we went to Copenhagen and Berlin. I'll write about that trip next! Stay tuned...

No comments: