7.08.2007

Ag's Return to Zurich and Other Random Happenings

Wedding cake: The only food proven to decrease a man's libido!



Grüetzi! We hope everyone had a very enjoyable 4th of July. Things here are great...now that Agnes is back! Funny how the world just seems to be a bit brighter for me when she is here (Agnes wrote that)....


If you remember from the last blog, Aggie and I went home together June 8-17th. We had lots of wedding things to do together, a few wedding showers to attend, my bachelor party, Brent's wedding, etc. Things were crazy but fun!! I ended up leaving to come back to Zurich from DC (where Brent's wedding was) since I had that "work thing" to get back to. Aggie on the other hand had to finish up wedding things. Plus, she wanted to take the chance to visit and see more of her friends and family. From what it sounds like, the rest of her time home was a helluva lot of fun! Check out the pictures...I'll just warn you there are tons.


One weekend, she went to Chicago to visit some friends (Note: I stayed in and cried because I missed her so much). In Chicago, Aggie went out to a few of our favorite bars and restaurants (without me, hence the crying). Plus, she did a little shopping in some trendy boutiques. On Saturday night, a big group of girls got together for a small party at her good friend, Stephanie Krebs', condo. They then went out to a new bar in the Lakeview area where boyfriends, husbands and lovers met them (except for me...unless Ag has a lover in Chicago I'm not aware of). On Sunday, Ag's cousin Kristin threw her a Mexican themed shower with Margaritas, fajitas, etc, etc (maybe Ag's lover is Hispanic?). Ag said she was very full of yummy food and loved the great gifts!


Then over the next weekend, Ag went to Steamboat, CO. In Steamboat she had a very relaxing girls weekend. Her girlfriend, Patti, organized the whole thing and did an excellent job. They shopped, rented a pontoon boat, had a fun little "girl's" party, went out to dinner, had a few drinks, etc. Again, she was so happy and excited when I talked to her later that weekend after the trip. She seemed to have loved every minute of her time there (without me).

While Aggie was visiting people and organizing things for the wedding back at home, I was doing my thing in Zurich. I have been working a lot (in between all of the crying) which kind of stinks, but I have also been hanging out a bit with a few of my co-workers. The people that I work with all seem very nice and decently cool, which is great. Plus, they know some really good restaurants and clubs to go to in Zurich which is a definite perk!



Ag got back last Tuesday and there were some slight adventures involved (e.g., a lost (but later found) suitcase, etc). But all in all her flights back here were fine. This past weekend we went to "Zuri Fascht", a city festival that takes place once every three years. There were food and drink booths set up down both sides of the lake, carnival rides all over, and fireworks over the lake at night. On Friday we were sitting in a restaurant with a great view of them...it was impressive!



Other goings-on: We are dog-sitting for one of my co-workers. Two Westies. Again, a couple of slight adventures (e.g., eating grass and then puking, sleeping in bed with us, etc), but all in all that's going okay too.


So, that is all for now. We are in the process of planning out a couple more vacation weekends, so rest assured that we will be back soon to write more about more European adventures!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 29th Birthday Matt. Hope that their is a celebration in that far off country and that it includes lots of friends and maybe an adult beverage or two.

Uncle Tim