1.23.2006

Sorry!!

"Don't be upset...it's not the size that matters"

It's been brought to my attention that "people are asking" when the next blog will be published. Welp, here you go. I know that it's been a couple weeks but I haven't been slacking!! In fact, I've been working a ton and and playing a little bit on the weekends.

(By the way, this is just a random picture I took in Paris over New Year's. I thought it was pretty funny, if not a bit "raunchy" as big Andre would put it.)

Work has been crazy...not much different than busy season in Chicago. If anything its a bit worse just because of the adjustment to a new office and new ways of doing things. Not to mention the fact that most of my staff (they are French) understand about half of what I say. For instance, I'll ask "How did you get comfortable with this account last year?" and they'll answer "Yes." Ex-squeeze me? Ummmmm........

Anyways, work is work any way that you cut it. As far as "play" goes, I, along with a couple of my co-workers, have gotten into the bad habit of going straight out from work on Friday nights for "a couple drinks," which inevitably turns into several drinks and a serious night out. That makes for a rough weekend! Honestly it has been fun, though. These guys love rugby, and so usually on Friday or Saturday nights you can find us in a bar somewhere watching their hometown team (Munster, from Ireland) playing one of their games. They've been explaining the rules to me during the games, and I have to say that I really enjoy watching the sport. I will probably end up playing in one of the rec leagues here in the spring/summer.

Sunday's have become a bit of a tradition over the past few weeks as well. We found an Irish restarant/pub in the Grund area of the city (down in the valley that runs through the middle of Luxembourg) that serves a "Sunday roast." It's a big plate of roast beef, pork or chicken, with veggies, stuffing, gravy, and potatoes. It makes for a great meal. We ususally get there early and get the seats right next to a nice fire that they have going in the back of the restaurant. Basically we'll sit there and drink coffee, eat, and re-hash some of the stupid stuff we had done one of the previous nights before.

So here's your daily dose of me. This week promises to be another busy one. For this weekend, a group of four of us rented a chalet in the Vosages mountains in France and we are going snowboarding. Promises to be a fun time, since none of these guys have ever skied or snowboarded before. They are counting on me as their instructor...scary!

I still plan on posting about Agnes and I's trip to Paris, as well as the second edition of "My Life is a Circus." Oh, and a car update...I got my insurance bill in the mail the other day....1,600 euros!! Otherwise known as "about 30% of the value of my car." That's for the year. One stinkin year. So I called the insurance guy up, found out that he had signed me up for the "If your car gets a scratch on it, we'll buy you a new one" policy. I set him straight and now have the "If you wreck your car and can't drive it anymore, we'll think about giving you a lift home from the crash site" policy....a 1,100 euro per year savings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean..."Big" Andre? I hope you're not referring to your Mother!!!

Anonymous said...

I'd through in the "fluffer" position as well, just for the sake of being obvious.